My kids love pancakes, but I don't love standing over a griddle for an extended period of time cooking them all. With this shortcut solution, you won't be stuck with a spatula in hand for 20 minutes. Try this quick and easy sheet-pan pancake recipe to have delicious pancakes ready and on the table with very little work for the cook!
Bonus: You can easily customize it to please even the pickiest pancake eaters. I used what we had on hand: Mini chocolate chips, an old banana, blueberries, and strawberries.
I like to use our favorite pancake mix for the batter. You could easily make your batter from scratch instead, but this shortcut sheet pan pancake recipe hack makes the process even quicker. Check your box for ingredients needed because some pancake mixes call for eggs or milk, but the one we use only needs water.
At Macaroni KID, we skip the fluff and get straight to the good stuff. No need to scroll through pages of unnecessary content — our recipes are easy to find. Now, let's get cooking!
Shortcut Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 3 cups pancake mix made according to package instructions
- Assorted fruits and toppings
- Cooking spray and parchment paper
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray the sheet pan (I use a half sheet-sized sheet pan) with cooking spray, especially in the corners and along the sides. I also add a piece of parchment paper to ensure the pancakes don't stick.
3. Spread the pancake batter on the sheet pan, filling the entire pan.
4. Add toppings to the batter. You can put a different topping in each quadrant of the pan or just sprinkle on the ones your family would enjoy.
5. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. The pancake should be light golden brown when it's done.
6. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Leah Spencer is the publisher of Macaroni KID Takoma Park - Silver Spring, Md.