May 12, 2011
- Macaroni Date to Remember...
- Soda Bottle Bird Feeder!
- May is Better Hearing Month
- 1-2-3 Imagine! with Elmo and Friends!!
- Let's Thank Our Mother's Day Giveaway Sponsors!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Meatless Monday's
- Exclusive Deals !! Pampered Chef and Avon!
- Spring Cleaning?
- Silly Dates in May!
- Our May Mom of the Month!
- All of our local library story times
- FREE Places To Visit
- Kids Meal Deals!!!
- Contact Me!
- Our "Impromptu Giveaway" WINNER!
Craft Idea Good For All Year!
Article by another fellow Macaroni Kid Publisher Kyetra Belton
1 clean 1-liter soda bottle
Twine for hanging
Start by deciding where your spoon will go. It will be the perch for your bird while it eats. Mark the area for the hole needed on the front and back of the bottle.
Use a craft knife to make slits in the form of an x on the bottle. One on the front and one on the back. about an inch above the front slit, make a small circle. This will be where the bird will get his food. Insert the wooden spoon.
Plug the hole with a cotton ball to prevent spilling the bird food. Fill the bottle with birdseed.
Tie twine, ribbon, or wire around the top of the bottom and replace the cap. This is for hanging the bottle. Finally, hang it from a tree and remove the cotton ball.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC